Tech

China denies space debris colliding with the moon

Credit: CC0 public domain

China denied responsibility for the rocket to be launched on the moon on Monday after experts said some of the space debris was likely to come from Beijing’s lunar exploration program.

Astronomers initially thought that the nasty object was a SpaceX chunk. rocket It exploded seven years ago and was abandoned in space after completing its mission.

However, it is now considered to be a booster for Chang’e 5-T1 launched in 2014 as part of China’s space agency lunar exploration program.

Rocket is expected to collide with Other side of the moon March 4th.

But in China Ministry of Foreign Affairs The booster in question rejected the claim on Monday, stating that it “safely entered the Earth’s atmosphere and was completely incinerated.”

Beijing “in good faith supports the long-term sustainability of activities Outer space“, Spokesman Wang Wenbin said at a regular press conference.

China aims to become a space superpower and took a breakthrough last year with the launch of its longest manned mission to a new space station.

The world’s second-largest economy wants to invest billions of dollars in military-operated space programs and ultimately send humanity to the moon.


Astronomers say the rocket set to hit the moon was built by China, not SpaceX.


© 2022 AFP

Quote: China refused to collide space debris with the moon (February 21, 2022).

This document is subject to copyright. No part may be reproduced without written permission, except for fair transactions for personal investigation or research purposes. Content is provided for informational purposes only.



China denies space debris colliding with the moon

Source link China denies space debris colliding with the moon

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button