This year was not the year we wanted.
Many of the movies, concerts and events we were looking forward to this year were canceled or postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
If 2020 was a normal year, we covered the following twelve things.
“The Barber of Seville”
- Immediately after the pandemic struck Beehive, the Utah Opera had to cancel the performance of Gioachino Rossini’s famous opera “The Barber of Seville” scheduled for March 14-22.
“Quiet Place Part II”
- The sequel to John Krasinski’s horror movie A Quiet Place, A Quiet Place Part II, was released on March 20th and has been postponed until April 23, 2021.
- Disney’s “Frozen” national tour production was scheduled to take place at the Eccles Theater in Salt Lake City from April 5th to May 3rd. Broadway musicals are currently scheduled to be staged in theaters from October 28th to November. 14th 2021.
- The movie “Black Widow” will be released on May 1st, and Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe will begin. The movie release was rescheduled on May 7, 2021.
- Pop star Justin Bieber was scheduled to perform at the Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City on June 9th. The concert is currently scheduled for June 13, 2021.
“In the Heights”
- The music and lyrics movie “In the Heights” based on the Broadway musical of the same name by Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda was originally scheduled to be released on June 26th. It is currently scheduled to be released on June 18th. 2021.
- Disneyland planned to open a new Marvel-themed land, Avengers Campus, at Disney California Adventure Park on July 18. The park remains closed due to a pandemic.
250th anniversary of Beethoven’s birth
- To commemorate the 250th anniversary of the birth of composer Ludwig van Beethoven this month, the Utah Symphony Orchestra was scheduled to perform five piano concertos between September 18th and December 12th. The performance has been cancelled.
- The legendary rock band Kiss performance at the Usana Amphitheater in West Valley City, originally scheduled for September 14, 2019, has been postponed twice from September 24th to 22nd, 2021. ..
Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert
- The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square’s long-awaited annual Christmas concert was originally scheduled for December 10-12, but when the group announced that it would shut out the rest of 2020 in a pandemic. was canceled.
- The 11-time Tony Award-winning Broadway musical “Hamilton” was scheduled to return to the Salt Lake City Eccles Theater from December 15th to January. July 17, 2021. The performance was rescheduled from July 2nd to 25th, 2021.
‘West Side Story’
- Steven Spielberg’s new film adaptation of Broadway’s classic musical “West Side Story,” originally scheduled for release on December 18, has been rescheduled for release on December 10, 2021. It was.
COVID-19 Pandemic: Top Events Canceled or Postponed in 2020
Source link COVID-19 Pandemic: Top Events Canceled or Postponed in 2020