The large COVID-19 vaccination site at Dick’s Sports Goods Park in Commerce City, Colorado, was closed on Wednesday after 11 people suffered from the harmful side effects of the vaccine, the Denver Post reports.
- The reaction was especially for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- The two were taken to a nearby hospital for review and observation.
- According to KDVR, a group of people who were not hospitalized were given juice and water for recovery.
According to The Denver Post, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment said the side effects people suffered at Dick’s sporting goods park site included nausea and dizziness.
- According to the department, both symptoms were expected. However, due to caution, the site was closed.
- “The state has no reason to believe that people vaccinated at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park today should be worried,” the Denver Post reports.
Similarly, Kevin Massey, a spokesman for Centura Health, who runs the site, told The Denver Post that 0.8% of vaccinated people suffer from side effects.
Centra Health said in a statement (via Fox Business): “After the administration of the J & J vaccine, during field observations, the side effects on the vaccine were limited. We follow the protocol, pay close attention and work with the state to operate the rest of the day Decided to suspend. “
COVID vaccination site closed due to vaccine side effects in Colorado
Source link COVID vaccination site closed due to vaccine side effects in Colorado