Jacksonville Beach, Florida – For JR Bourne, June 27, 2015 started just like any other day.
“It’s a normal, hot and humid day here in Jacksonville Beach,” Bourne said. “I decided to go down to the shore with my friends and kick the soccer ball around.”
However, warm summer days have undergone unexpected changes.
“I was kicking the ball around, turning my back with a pass, feeling staggering, kneeling, and the next thing I noticed was pitch black,” Bourne said.
Bourne suffered a sudden cardiac arrest on the beach.
“The next thing I heard was,’I have a pulse. Wait. I don’t have a pulse,'” I was a little vague and didn’t know what was going on, “Bourne explained. “Then suddenly’Baboom!’I feel this energy surge on my body that actually awakened me.”
A friend asked for help, and a nearby woman, a physiotherapist, did CPR until a group of volunteer lifeguards arrived shortly with a portable AED, Bourne said.
“They gave me two shocks, and the second shock awakened me,” Bourne said.
Copyright 2021 by WJXT News4Jax-All rights reserved.
Jacks Beach Man Saved by CPR and AED Encourages Others to Train
Source link Jacks Beach Man Saved by CPR and AED Encourages Others to Train