Staff updated to the Lee County Commission on Tuesday about the deployment of the COVID-19 vaccine and the role of the county as a support mechanism for the state.
At regular meetings, staff presented the latest information available to commissioners. As the county board, the commissioner has no decision-making authority over who or which entity will receive the long-awaited vaccination first.
Governor Ron DeSantis’ administration is expected to be phased in through the Florida Emergency Management Agency (FDEM) and the Florida Health Department (FDOH).
A link to the Governor’s draft COVID-19 vaccination program is available at floridahealthcovid19.gov. Vaccinations will not be available to the general public until the initial stages are complete.
The Commissioner is committed to providing resident information and resources from federal, state, and partner agencies, if available. The county has created a landing page at leegov.com/vaccine.
The important points of the board of directors are as follows.
Christine Brady, Assistant County Manager:
- Federal guidance on the distribution of vaccinations is provided, but the final distribution decision is made in the governor’s office.
- The state has vaccination plans, which are led by FDEM and FDOH.
- The role of Lie County is to support the activities of these states.
- The county’s goal is to provide the information received.
Ben Aves, Director of Public Safety, Lee County – Emergency Medical Services:
- The state’s top priorities are care facility residents and front-line hospital workers.
- The vaccine will then be available to first-time responders and older people with high-risk medical conditions.
- When the supply becomes widely available, the vaccine will be available to the general public through healthcare providers.
Lee Mayfield, Director of Public Safety, Lee County – Emergency Management
- Lie County is responsible for supporting the state’s emergency management department and the state’s Ministry of Health.
- Lee County Public Safety coordinates daily with these major agencies.
- Vaccine information is in flux and subject to change based on state guidance.
Lie County Commissioner receives up-to-date information on the deployment of COVID-19 vaccination
Source link Lie County Commissioner receives up-to-date information on the deployment of COVID-19 vaccination