April is Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Month, a good opportunity to learn about the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
According to the American Parkinson’s Disease Association, an estimated 1 million people in the United States and more than 10 million people worldwide have Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive nervous system disorder, Movement.. The signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease vary from person to person. Early signs are mild and often overlooked. Symptoms often start on one side of the body and usually continue to worsen on that side, even after the symptoms begin to affect both sides.
The signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease are:
- Tremor: Tremor, or tremor, usually begins with a limb, hand, or finger.You may rub you thumb Move your index finger back and forth. This is known as pill rolling tremor. Your hands may quiver when you are at rest.
- Slow movement: Over time, Parkinson’s disease can slow down your movements and make simple tasks difficult and time consuming. Walking may shorten your stride length. Getting out of the chair can be difficult. When you try to walk, you can drag your legs.
- Stiff Muscles: Muscle stiffness can occur in any part of the body. Hard muscles are painful and can limit range of motion.
- handicapped posture Balance: You may lose your posture or have problems with your balance.
- Loss of automatic movements: You may lose your ability to perform unconscious movements such as blinking, smiling, or shaking your arms as you walk.
- Speech changes: You may speak gently or fast, or slur or hesitate before speaking. Your speech can be more monotonous than normal intonation.
- Writing changes: It may be difficult to write and may look small.
There is no cure for Parkinson’s disease, but medicines help control the symptoms and are often dramatic. If you are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, you should work closely with your health care professional to find a treatment plan that has the fewest side effects and maximizes the relief of your symptoms. Surgery may be recommended in more advanced cases.
© 2022 Mayo Clinic News Network. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
Quote: Recognize the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease (April 27, 2022) April 27, 2022 Obtained from https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-04-symptoms-parkinson-disease.html
This document is subject to copyright. No part may be reproduced without written permission, except for fair transactions for personal investigation or research purposes. Content is provided for informational purposes only.
Recognize the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
Source link Recognize the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease