Education in Australia is prestigious as this country has a very developed education system. The country’s universities are well known as the best educational institutions around the world, and diplomas obtained in Australia are highly valued everywhere. Therefore, the opening Australia visa for students is a pressing issue. It is required if you intend to complete any study program in this country for a period of more than three months.
To apply for a student visa, first of all, you must obtain an approved permit to study at one of the educational institutions in Australia. If the candidate is under 18 years old, then a guardian who lives where the training will take place is required. An Australian visa for students is issued in the following way:
- Choice of educational institution and training program.
- The educational institution must approve your application for admission to the university.
- The entire training course must be paid for.
- Medical insurance.
- As soon as you have a confirmation from the university of your enrollment in the course. Then the registration of an Australian student visa begins.
An Australia visa for students is issued for the entire period of study, while requirements are put forward that the student must receive satisfactory grades, as well as continue his studies at the institution that accepted him for study when receiving the visa.
What are the student visa forms in Australia?
Australian students’ visas combine subclass 500, and persons accompanying minor students can obtain a subclass 590 visa. It should be noted that there are different student visa forms in Australia:
- Subclass 571 — Sector Schools — for children;
- Subclass 573 — Higher Education Sector — for mom (future Australian student);
- Subclass 580 — Student Guardian — for a grandmother who will have to guard her grandchildren in Australia.
This visa is granted for the entire period of intended study of a temporary foreign Australian student, but for a period not exceeding 5 calendar years.
What are the requirements of a student Australian visa? These documents are obligatory for a study visa to Australia:
- international passport;
- 2 photographs, 35×45 mm;
- completed visa application form 157A;
- proof of enrollment in an Australian institution (CoE);
- certificate of medical examination in accordance with international standards;
- medical insurance;
- motivation letter;
- documents on existing education: diplomas, certificates, degree certificates;
- an account statement, with an amount sufficient to pay for tuition, flight and accommodation;
- certificate of no criminal record;
- a receipt for payment of the visa fee.
All these papers must be authentic, translated into English and certified. The list can be supplemented at the request of the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship. In a motivation letter, it is worth giving reasons for your desire to get an education in Australia. Taking into consideration the course you are going to take, the length of study, educational institution and many other factors, getting a student visa to Australia may have some subtleties. This may relate to the correct filling of the questionnaire, and paperwork.