North Amityville, Long Island (WABC) — scandal
Of the $3.6 million payments made by the North Amityville Fire Department between 2017 and 2018, more than $500,000 were supported as “improper purchases,” according to a new report from state regulators. It turns out that it was spent on non-payment.
An audit of fire department payments led to $585,792 spent on diamond rings, Christmas gifts, a board member’s Alaskan cruise trip, professional basketball tickets, and a clothing option resort in Jamaica, according to a New York State Board of Audit report. It turned out that Above all.
Here is the full list of misused funds:
– An unsupported cash disbursement of $106,542 was made to six Board members and the Chief.
– $44,820 for domestic flights and lodging in places like Dallas, Texas. Indianapolis, Indiana. Las Vegas, Nevada. and Nashville, Tennessee.
– $32,093 for service and maintenance of vehicles that the company does not own or was unable to provide support for.
– $11,258 for Christmas gifts including but not limited to gift cards, clothing, drones and video games.
– $10,853 for an Alaska cruise vacation for one Board Member and a vacation to a clothing free resort in Jamaica with the Board Secretary who is the spouse of the Chief.
– Alcohol $7,239.
– $5,121 in 14-carat gold and diamond rings for the chief and his spouse.
– $2,728 for Hikari service.
– $1,998 for Pro Basketball tickets.
The audit was conducted from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2018.
Law enforcement agencies are now filing lawsuits.
Submit your tips and story ideas to Eyewitness News
https://abc7ny.com/north-amityville-fire-dept-500k-comptroller-report/13213695/ Inspector: North Amityville Fire Department spent thousands on jewelry, vacations and more