Out of the countless improvements, updates, and changes that Instagram makes to the app, the carousel feature has by far been one of the most received.
So much so, that many users had a lot of complaints to make when Instagram removed the multiple photo icon required to add multiple photos to a carousel post. Users assumed that the carousel feature had been completely removed, making them unable to post as many photos as they liked.
Thankfully, this is not the case. You can still post multiple photos on the Instagram app as long as there’s nothing wrong.
People are using multiple photos to get genuineInstagramlikesfrom 1394ta
In this article, we’ll share reasons why you may be unable to post multiple photos on Instagram, how you can resolve them, and how you can post multiple pictures on the Instagram app.
Let’s get started.
Why won’t Instagram Allow you to Post MultiplePhotos?
Following one recent Instagram update, a lot of IG users went on other social media apps like Twitter to share that they could no longer find the multiple photo icon that they use to add multiple photos to their feed on the Instagram app.
It’s easy to understand why the multiple photo feature is important, and why users will be sad without it. For one, adding multiple photos to a post means followers get to spend more time on your content scrolling through the pictures.
This usually means you can increase engagement with multiple photos or videos added to a single post, Instagram story, or Reel.
If you have recently tried to upload multiple photos on Instagram but couldn’t find the photo icon, then there may be an Instagram glitch or device issue stopping your app from working fine.
The option to post several photos on Instagram is still available since there is no official statement from Instagram yet. So, you may need to take the following steps to find out what the issue is and fix it.
5 fixes to try to Help you post Multiple Photos and Videos on the Instagram App
- Update your Instagram app
If you are not on the latest version of Instagram, your app may experience some glitches that other users don’t have. So, the best thing to do is to go to your app store and find the latest update available for Instagram.
Download the update and check Instagram again to see if the icon is back.After an update, Instagram may think that you had some fake users and followers in this case 1394ta service can be helpful to get the real ones.
- Allow Instagram to fix it
Sometimes, the bug or glitch may be a fault from Instagram, so there’s not much you can do about it.
You may have to wait it out until Instagram staff detect the feature issue and resolve it by themselves. In cases like this, you’ll not be the only one to be suffering such an issue. It may be specific to Android or iPhone owners, or people using the 0Instagram website, so you have nothing to worry about.
To find out if the issue is coming from Instagram, visit a tool like DownDetector to find out the most reported issue about Instagram. Look out for Carousel feature issues to see if there is a problem with it.
If there are related reports, then just wait for an Instagram update to work on the bug.
- Check out your data and internet connection
Sometimes, it may be that you do have the Select multiple photos icon, but you just can’t seem to post multiple pictures on Instagram. Maybe you even receive an error message like “Not posted yet. Try again.” when you want to upload multiple images.
You may be having an internet connection issue, or you have turned on a feature on your Instagram app that slows your data down.
One popular feature is Data Saver which restricts your internet access. To turn it off:
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Open Settings then Account.
- Tap on Cellular Data Settings.
- Press the Data Saver button to toggle off.
- Clear cache data
Clearing your device’s cache can sometimes rectify an app issue if you’re experiencing one. A new feature may take a while to get activated if you have Instagram issues stored on your cache.
To clear the cache on an Android phone:
- Open your Instagram.
- Tap your profile icon on the bottom right.
- Click on the three bars on the top right of the corner of the screen and tap on Settings.
- Tap on the Security tab.
- Then go to Search History and tap on Clear All to clear the cache.
To clear the cache on an iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the General tab in the Settings menu.
- Open the iPhone Storage tab and wait for all your apps to load, then click on Instagram.
- Press Delete App and confirm the action to delete.
- Finally, go back to the App Store and redownload Instagram.
- Reduce the file size
Every Instagram post (whether photo or video) has a specific file size limit, and exceeding this limit may restrict your post from being uploaded.
For images, the limit is 30MB, while for videos, it’s 650MB. Sizes for multiple pictures and videos can vary depending on how you edited or snapped them.
Before you post multiple pictures and videos, ensure that you stay within the file limit Instagram expects of you. You can use an image file editor to cut down the size of your photo individually if you find out that it exceeds the limit. You can also do the same if you want to post multiple videos.
How to post multiple pictures on Instagram
If you’ve looked into the above issues and you’re ready to upload multiple pictures to your Instagram feed, use the following steps to guide you. One main question users want an answer to is “How many photos can I upload in one post?”
The answer is 10. You can only post 10 multiple photos on one Instagram post. Here’s how:
- Open your Instagram account
- Tap the Plus icon in the top right corner and then tap Post to create a new post.
- Your camera roll will show you your recent photos.
- Tap the Select Multiple photos icon or long-press on a photo (if you use an iPhone) to choose your favorite photos to upload.
- You can also click on the camera icon on top of the camera roll to take multiple pictures to post.
- Remember to choose all the photos in the order you want them to appear, because once you skip this step, you cannot change the order. Select your first photo and then tap on the rest in the sequence they should appear.
- When you’re done selecting, tap the blue arrow on top of the screen to move to the next screen.
- Here you can add filters to all the photos or tap on each photo to apply the filter you want. Once your images are ready, tap the blue arrow again.
- Finally, you can tag accounts you would like or write a caption for your pictures before posting.
The same steps above can be used to upload a carousel post of videos to your Instagram feed. Simply select videos instead of images to do this.
How to post multiple photos to Instagram Stories
People are thinking to use many creative ways to get 1394ta’s originalInstagramfollowers You can also upload multiple pictures on Instagram Story using the following steps:
- Open Instagram.
- Tap on the Plus icon at the top of the screen to create Stories.
- Tap Story then click on the square icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- On the top of your camera roll, tap Select.
- Proceed to tap multiple pictures or even a video for your Instagram Stories post.
- Click Next to move to the next screen.
- You will have an option to either post as Layout or Separate. Choose your preferred option.
- If you select Layout, tap on the layout icon at the top of the screen to select your preferred Instagram layout options. Choosing Separate will post photos as individual photos.
- You can also add stickers to your Instagram Stories. Tap the Sticker icon to find a suitable photo sticker or GIF. Add text or music to your posts too, if you wish.
- Finally, tap the blue tick mark to upload photos.
How to upload multiple photos on one Instagram Story
If you have an existing Instagram story you wish to add multiple images too, here’s how to do so easily:
- Open your Instagram application.
- Long press on your existing Story.
- Tap the Add to Story option that pops up.
- Select multiple photos you’d like to add.
- Tap Send To, to choose where you want your Stories to be uploaded.
Posting multiple photos on Instagram can be as easy as pie. The Select multiple photos icon still exists on Android devices, iPhone users, however, simply have to long-press a photo to be able to select multiple pictures, also follow the tips we’ve shared above.
If you can’t find the option to post multiple photos to Instagram on your device, try out any of the fixes we’ve recommended above to